Both sides were dealt cruel blows this week as Tottenham look set to miss Sandro for some time after the midfielder underwent surgery on a knee problem picked up in the 0-0 draw at QPR last weekend.
Younes Kaboul remains sidelined with a knee problem while William Gallas (calf) looks set to miss out as well.
For Manchester United, Darren Fletcher has been ruled out for the season following surgery on his ongoing bowel condition.
Nemanja Vidic is expected to return after suffering concussion in the club’s 2-1 win over Liverpool, while Jonny Evans could return to the squad after suffering a hamstring injury.
- Jermain Defoe (pictured right) is in something of a goal drought, finding the net just once in his last seven league appearances.
- No team has conceded more goals (17) to top eight opposition than Andre Villas-Boas’ side.
- Since March 2011, Manchester United have won 22 and drawn five (losing none) of away games in which they have scored.
- Robin van Persie has scored 21 goals in 27 games for United this season. At the same stage last campaign, he had 22 goals to his name.
- Sir Alex’s side have scored the most goals away from home (26 in 11 games) than any other team.
- However on the two occasions in which they have failed to score on the road (vs Norwich and Everton) United have lost.