West Ham boss Sam Allardyce is unlikely to alter his side too much from the team which drew 1-1 away to Southampton on Saturday. Jack Collison could be recalled to the starting XI if he opts to freshen up midfield.
Carlton Cole is again likely to have to settle for a place on the substitutes’ bench. George McCartney (hamstring) and Mark Noble (arm) are set to miss out.
As for the visitors, Sir Alex Ferguson is likely to make a number of changes from the starting XI which beat Stoke City 2-0. Rafael and Jonny Evans could both come into the back line while, further forward Nani, Ryan Giggs and Danny Welbeck are bpth pushing for recalls.
Veteran midfielder Paul Scholes could return to the squad after overcoming a knee injury but Ashley Young (ankle) remains at least a week away from returning while long-term injury absentee Darren Fletcher (bowel condition) continues to be unavailable.
- The Hammers have scored 36 goals in the league so far this season – only Norwich City (31), Stoke Cuty (28) and QPR (29) can boast less.
- Theis season’s previous league meeting between the two sides in finished in a narrow 1-0 win to the Red Devils. Robin van Persie scored the only goal after just 33 seconds.
- Manchester United only need seven points from their remaining six matches to win their 20th English league title.
- Van Persie’s goal in the Red Devils’ 2-0 win over Stoke on Sunday ended a goalless spell of 10 matches.
- United have won 17 of their last 20 league matches – only dropping points in 1-1 draws against Swansea City and Spurs as well as their recent 2-1 loss to Manchester City.