Jose Mourinho’s Comments About January Transfers Could Bode Well for Fans Wanting Alexis Sanchez

​Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has failed to rule out the idea of making January signings that represent ‘a fantastic opportunity’.

The Portuguese coach generally doesn’t usually do any business in the winter window, and has reiterated that squad balance is best formed during the summer.

But as quoted by the ​club’s official website, the former Chelsea manager failed to categorically rule out any signings in this particular window.

FBL-ENG-PR-EVERTON-MAN UTD

He said: “The balance of the squad is made in the summer, unless you have a dramatic situation with a crazy number of injuries and you are pushed for emergency deals. But sometimes it can happen: on the table there’s a fantastic opportunity and you fight for that opportunity.

“If it happens, it happens; if it doesn’t happen, it doesn’t. But I like my squad, I like my players; the more time I spend with them, the more I like them. And this week [in Dubai] was also good to be sure of that.

FBL-ENG-LCUP-CHELSEA-ARSENAL

“We like our squad, we believe in our squad – it’s just about improving it in a balanced way. So if we do something now, it has to be something we really believe is the right thing to do for the team.”

Mourinho’s comments are certainly interesting in relation to ​the ongoing Alexis Sanchez rumours. United have now been made the red hot favourites to sign the Chilean after supposedly offering the player and the club more money than Manchester City.

” data-viewability=”https://www.riddle.com/a/138514″ style=”” contenteditable=”false”>

With a player of Sanchez’s quality, it can definitely be argued that, since he is out of contract in the summer, he would represent the ‘fantastic opportunity’ Mourinho is talking about.

Let’

Ryan Giggs Deemed Front-Runner for Wales Job After Officially Being Interviewed

​Manchester United legend Ryan Giggs has formally completed his interview for the vacant Wales job as the 44-year-old looks to step into a senior manager role for the first time in his career. 

The former Wales international joins a host of other candidates who have been interviewed by the Welsh FA which include, Craig Bellamy, Osian Roberts and Mark Bowen, with the Welsh officials understood to be aiming to make the appointment of Chris Coleman’s successor as early as Monday.

Wales' skipper Ryan Giggs acknowledges t...

According to the ​Daily Mail, Giggs is said to be the front runner for the job as he has gained the support of the squad for his achievements throughout his career, and those in the board room for his high profile and dedication to obtaining his coaching badges. 

Giggs is said to have spent the last few weeks fine tuning his presentation style ahead of the interview which included a detailed overview of the country’s youth development programme. 

Coleman stepped away from the Wales squad in November after failing to secure the nation’s place in the 2018 World Cup, which has prompted chief executive Jonathan Ford to find a replacement in time for the Nations League draw on January 24. 

(You may also be interested in ​Jose Mourinho Feels Contempt for Antonio Conte But Reveals He Is Done With the Feud Between Them)

The 44-year-old has made it clear that he harbours a deep desire to take up a senior managerial position as he was previously interviewed for the Swansea job after having served under David Moyes and Louis van Gaal at Old Trafford for a number of years.

Giggs said last month: “Of course I’m interested. I’ve played for Wales and I’ve said that I want to go back into coaching. Obviously that is one of the top jobs.”

Bellamy, manager of Cardiff City Under-18s, had his interview for the job on Thursday after having previously spoke passionately about his desire to manage his country. 

” data-viewability=”https://www.riddle.com/a/137874″ style=””>

However, doubts remain over whether he would want to work with Coleman’s former assistant Roberts, who previously gave his support to Giggs.

Let’

Man Utd Prodigy Set for Aston Villa Loan Move as Championship Side Prepare for Promotion Battle

​Aston Villa are set to bring in Manchester United’s highly-rated young defender Axel Tuanzebe in on loan until the end of the 2017/18 campaign – as Steve Bruce’s side continue their battle for promotion from the Championship to the Premier League. The 20-year-old has struggled for game time at United, and will look to fight for a first team place at Villa Park upon his arrival.

As reported by the ​​​Daily Mail, Tuanzebe has made just three appearances for United this season – most recently coming on in the final minute of the game during his side’s 2-0 New Year’s Day victory against Everton. Villa meanwhile are riding high in fifth place in the Championship – just five points away from an automatic promotion place.

Manchester United v Crystal Palace - Premier League

The Congo-born defender is a product of the United youth academy, and is widely tipped to become a star for the Red Devils as he continues to impress with his rapid development. A spell in the highly competitive Championship is likely to do Tuanzebe the world of good, as regular football will give him the experience he needs to improve his game further.

An injury to former England captain John Terry has left Bruce’s side short at the back, and the Tuanzebe could prove the Villains with a real raw talent in their back line. The former United Young Player of the Year has eleven caps at youth level for England, and will be watched closely by the national team set-up as his defensive attributes go from strength-to-strength.

” data-viewability=”https://www.riddle.com/a/138546″ style=””>

​​In terms on incomings, United have emerged as shock contenders to sign Arsenal’s want away forward Alexis Sánchez. ​The Red Devils’ boss José Mourinho refused to rule out a move for the tenacious Chilean – after Man City are thought to have cooled their interest in signing the former Barcelona man after Arsenal reportedly demanded £40m for his services.

Let’

Man Utd Dealt Blow in Lucas Moura Pursuit Amid Wife Concerns Over Manchester Switch

​Manchester United’s hopes of signing Lucas Moura have been plunged into doubt – thanks to the Paris Saint-Germain outcast’s wife.

​Le 10 Sport has alleged that Lucas’ partner – Larissa Saad – is reluctant to trade France’s capital for the chillier climes of the city of Manchester following discussions she held with Angel Di Maria’s wife.

Di Maria, a teammate of Lucas’ and a former United player, has first-hand experience of living in the north west of England and his significant other is believed to have put Larissa off moving to the Premier League with the Red Devils.

FBL-EUR-C1-PSG-TRAINING

That conversation could scupper any chances that United boss Jose Mourinho has of luring Lucas to Old Trafford after the English giants registered interest in the 25-year-old earlier this week.

A fee of around €40m has been touted as a starting point for PSG to be willing to enter negotiations with United over the forward, but even if United stumped up that cash they may be forced to look elsewhere.

Lucas and Larissa currently have a two-month old daughter and the latter’s hesitance to uproot her family from Paris could signal disaster for Lucas and United over regular playing time and a successful transfer respectively.

(You may also be interested in ​Tottenham Make Contact With Paris Saint-Germain Over Possible Loan Move for Manchester United Target)

Moura has only been used sparingly by Unai Emery at Parc de Princes this season, with the Brazilian only featuring on six occasions for the French heavyweights.

His last appearance of this term came in the 4-2 victory over Strasbourg in the Coupe de la Ligue match back on 13th December and he is yet to start a match for PSG during the current campaign.

Moura is concerned that a lack of minutes will result in him missing out on a spot in Tite’s squad for this summer’s World Cup in Russia and he will be desperate to play to show his fitness levels and quality haven’t diminished.


” data-viewability=”https://www.riddle.com/a/138514″ contenteditable=”false”>

Whether United can provide Moura with a place to ply his trade is unclear, but don’t expect this rumour to slow or halt anytime soon.

Let’

Rival Managers Mourinho & Conte Set to Clash Once Again as PSG Eye Up Emery Replacement

​After a war of the words over the past few weeks, Jose Mourinho and Antonio Conte are set to clash once again regarding the upcoming vacancy with French side Paris Saint-Germain.

With ​PSG considering replacing current manager Unai Emery at the end of the season, the French powerhouse are looking to bring in a big name to take up the mantle at the Parc des Princes, and both Mourinho and Conte are seen to be ideal candidates, as reported by ​The Mirror.

FBL-FRA-LIGUE 1-PSG-PORTRAIT

Both Mourinho’s and Conte’s contracts with their respective clubs expire at the end of the 2018/19 season, with the duo insisting they intend to see out their current deals before moving on to another club.

There remains and option in Mourinho’s contract to extend his stay with Manchester United until 2020, with the Portuguese manager holding talks with the Red Devils’ hierarchy regarding a contract extension however, this has not deterred PSG who continue to monitor his situation.

Elsewhere, Atletico Madrid have reiterated that any approach for Diego Simeone will be rebuffed as they intent to have the Argentine man continue to coach them throughout the duration of the 2018/19 campaign.

Huddersfield Town v Chelsea - Premier League

As a result, both Conte and Mourinho remain favourites to take the managerial role at PSG once Emery leaves, adding fuel to their ongoing feud that began with Mourinho taking issue with Conte’s overzealous celebrations in Chelsea’s 4-0 win over Manchester United in the 2016/17 season.

Their ongoing rivalry recently culminated in a war of words, with each manager taking swipes at the other and demeaning each other’s character, only adding to the anticipation of the next Manchester United versus Chelsea game.

” data-viewability=”https://www.riddle.com/a/138514″ style=””>

The two are next set to meet when Chelsea travel to Old Trafford in the Premier League on February 25 however, the game may be rescheduled if Chelsea beat Bristol City in the Carabao Cup to reach the final.  

Let’